21st Century Neurology was founded as a private practice in April 2001
by Dr. Stephen Flitman, a board-certified neurologist who completed
training in Neurology at the Barrow Neurological Institute (Phoenix, Arizona)
and additional training in Cognitive Neuroscience at the National Institutes
of Health (Bethesda, Maryland).
Dr. Joshua Tobin joined the practice in August 2006, specializing in migraine
and procedural management of pain.
Dr. Paul Bendheim joined the practice in December 2012, specializing in memory loss.
Our focus is on:
- cognitive and behavioral disorders
- memory loss including Mild Cognitive Impairment and Alzheimer's disease
- frontotemporal dementia syndromes including Pick's disease
- parkinsonian dementia syndromes (Lewy Body disease)
- head injury and post-concussion syndromes
- migraine disorders and atypical pain syndromes (Dejerine-Roussy and trigeminal neuralgia)
- multiple sclerosis and variants, including confirmation of the diagnosis
We also handle most general neurology complaints, including stroke, epilepsy,
sleep disorders and neck and back injury. We welcome industrial and Workmen's
Compensation patients and take most insurance plans. We specialize in the use
of new approaches to pain that do not involve narcotics.
At the dawn of a new century, it is time to take a modern look at neurological
disorders and their management. 21st Century Neurology is involved in both
education and innovative clinical and laboratory
research aimed at improving the lives of people
who must deal with these complex problems. Neurology has finally come into
its own as a mature branch of medicine, and we are now able to offer effective
treatment as well as sophisticated diagnostic methods.
Please feel free to contact us at (602) 265-6500. Business hours are 9 am
to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Our fax line is (602) 265-6586. The office
is located at 2601 North Third Street Suite 125, Phoenix, Arizona 85004.
Thank you for your interest in 21st Century Neurology Clinic.